In yesterday’s post Barely Hanging On, I wrote about how the church at Sardis was in decline. They needed to give a little extra to make good things happen. In our own lives today, that’s still a lesson we need to hear.
What steps can you take to go the extra mile to solve a problem? One idea is to come up with questions that need answered. Another is to ask for directions or seek advice that may help. Below are examples of what giving a little extra can do:
- A commander of an Army was thought to be a total failure but he didn’t give up. His name was George Washington.
- A company had some problems with their systems at first but then they came up with a new system. The system was Windows and the company was Microsoft.
- Moses and Caleb rose to prominence and fulfilled God’s purpose after the age of 80
- Jesus can change dark days into ones of joy and hope. That’s what He did for two of His followers on the road to Emmaus
- At 211 degrees, water is hot but at 212 degrees, it’s boiling. Ask God to help find that little extra passion to make things happen.
Ask God to help you find that little extra today. Here is a video to inspire: Help Me Find It – Sidewalk Prophets.