In a few thoughts expressed after reading Genesis 37 and writing in the post Treating Others with Kindness and Tact, I wrote that Joseph did not show tactfulness to his brothers. He had a dream and told his brothers in a boastful way about how he would rule over them. This caused a situation that damaged the whole family.
The words we use are powerful. Here are a few more thoughts about the words we use:
- Using the wrong words can cause a business to lose customers
- Using the wrong words can get someone fired
- Be gentle in what we say and how we say it
- Words direct our life
- Think about how even a small child can direct a powerful horse with just a few words
- Use words that help and encourage
This day with God, let us understand the power of words. They can fill us up or break us down so let our words encourage, inspire, bring about positive actions, and be of truth. Here is today’s video called Words by Hawk Nelson.
Be careful! Our words can hurt or help. “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up”. – Ephesians 4:29